Re: [Xen-users] Some announcements

Javier,

I am quite happy for members of the OpenNebula community (as well as other communities which have an interface with the Xen Project) to promote upcoming CFP deadlines with a view to submit Xen talks. For example on the xen blog, but also on the announce list and newsletter (which we will start at some point). Also, you may have noticed that we also allow communities to promote Xen talks on the Xen blog (e.g. http://www.xenproject.org/about/events.html) and the Xen Project events pages (e.g. http://www.xenproject.org/about/events.html).

If you want to do this, drop me a line directly. Going forward, we will probably create a publicity mailing list to discuss items like this and coordinate amongst community members who are interested in promoting Xen (and interfacing projects). I have not quite decided how to advertise CFP's on the new xenproject.org website, but it seems that maybe a CFP category on http://www.xenproject.org/about/events.html may work. In fact I may just experiment with this now and see how it works.

In any case, as a number of CFP's are coming up, I was thinking of putting a blog post together at the Hackathon to highlight a few upcoming CFPs and ask for Xen related submissions. Looking forward to see you next week too.

Regards
Lars

On 09/05/2013 15:31, Javier Fontan wrote:(for Linux
Hi,

I have some off-topic announcements to make. I hope this mail is not too spammy.

This September 24-26 we will hold the OpenNebula Conference. We have
the Call for Proposals opened. It would be great to have people that
uses Xen alongside OpenNebula there [1].

I will be next week in Dublin Xen Hackathon. My aim is to try to
improve our Xen integration. Really looking forward to meet some of
you.

The day before the hackathon (15th) I will be giving an introduction
to cloud/virtualization and our software in a talk organized by the
TCD and the Irish Free Software Organization. It may be good that some
other people related with OpenSource projects could be there. The aim
is to show OSS projects and how they are made. I'll leave the link in
case you are interested [2].

Cheers

[1] http://opennebulaconf.com/
[2] https://www.scss.tcd.ie/David.OCallaghan/opennebula-talk-2013.html