Re: [Xen-users] VGA/PCI Passthrough of Secondary Graphics Adapter

1) If passing declaring the BDF is all that is needed to pass a VGA card, in the same respect as an PCI device, then there is no difference between PCI passthrough and VGA passthrough IF the VGA card being passed through is not in use by the dom0?

2) The card I wish to pass is the 5570, in the secondary PCIe slot. It is not being used by the dom0, and is subsequently hidden (xen-pciback.hide).

3) Neither Radeon in my system supports FLR; however, many people use the Radeon with VGA passthrough somewhat routinely.  I seem to be having immense trouble getting this to work?  I have not gotten anything to display other than a black screen (which does show that something is happening).  I just can't understand why?

And regarding the BSODs, when I install the card, I've gotten it to say "Functioning normally" in Device Manager, but the screen is disabled in "Screen Resolution," and the when I attempt to "Extend to Display" in order to enable the Radeon monitor, the screen goes blank and the system crashes.  Upon reboot, the system BSODs (atikmpag.sys)  I've tried physically powering down dom0 and bringing it back up, but the error persists.

As an aside, I've compiled Xen with a patch that supposedly fixes these issues (patches qemu-dm), and I've attempted to use the script provided (run-passthrough), but that hasn't resulted in any change whatsoever.

I greatly appreciate your time in assisting me!