Re: [Xen-users] lvm-xen hdd disaster recovery - looking urgently for paid consultant

Hey Mike - I posted a similar message a couple days ago - so far no takers.
I was able to pull back my data volume so far using testdisk and photorec - I
extracted the lvm files and some of them worked right away.
My thought is that the non-working ones may have been resized leading to
fragmentation.
I haven't given up yet. If you find resources (or consultants?) maybe send them
my way too?

So far the commercial "experts" I've tried can see the data but just sent the
drive images back as unrecoverable - so far I've done better than that with
persistence and the tools on the web (and kind advice received).

My testdisk notes are on their forum here:
http://forum.cgsecurity.org/phpBB3/trying-to-recover-windows-ntfs-disk-from-xen-hba-lvm-vol-t2252.html

My xen-users thread is here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/278066

Just make sure to work on a copy or make sure you don't alter the original and
make it worse.

Regards returned,

Mitch.