Re: [Xen-users] Cannot shut down a domU from dom0

This time I have a different VM but also RH8 and it is definitely not
shutting down

I have run this command over and over for 10 minutes and it still
won't die.  Maybe the reason is that when I did my initial install of
RH8 and rebooted at the end, it came back up in the installer again?
Is the installer somehow preventing me from shutting down?

This is a pretty serious matter if I cannot shut down a VM ...

root@xen01dom0:~# xl list;xl shutdown -F rh8fmpro
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  6323     2     r-----    2364.9
redhat8                                      1   763     1     -b----    2763.1
rh8fmpro                                     3   763     1     -b----      67.8
PV control interface not available: sending ACPI power button event.
root@xen01dom0:~# xl list;xl shutdown -F rh8fmpro
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  6323     2     r-----    2366.3
redhat8                                      1   763     1     -b----    2764.8
rh8fmpro                                     3   763     1     -b----      68.2
PV control interface not available: sending ACPI power button event.
root@xen01dom0:~#