Re: [Xen-users] where is the vifname set?

> This is on a system with NetworkManager.

When I shut down NetworkManager and reinstate my eth0 in
/etc/network/interfaces, then "xl create /etc/xen/foo.cfg" brings up the
vif with the vifname I've specified in the .cfg (e.g., "foo"), rather
than using "vifDOMID.0".

Here's the difference: In line 79 of vif-common.sh, "ip link set
vifDOMID.0 name foo" fails with "RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource
busy" when NM is running, but succeeds otherwise.

Now I'm wondering how to tell NM to keep its hands off anything named
"vif*.*" so that I can go on using NM.