[Xen-users] newbie in trouble with CentOS Xen

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Dave Stevens <geek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 14:38:51 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 21:43:36 +0000

Hi,

I have a server I basically inherited that has been performing well for several years but is now not working. So I have ssh access from offsite. When I log in I am in dom0. This is wrong; the unit was set up so that dom0 would have no direct internet connection quite intentionally as a security feature. There is one hosted domain, Centos 5.8 the same as dom0. Up until yesterday I got the hosted domain when I logged in.

At the moment I can ssh to dom0 but when logged in can't ping out. So that's a problem.

I can use xm console hostdomain to see the VM, which appears to be fine on its own but which is disconnected.

I don't know enough about xen networking to know where to look, but it seems reasonable that being unable to ping out would be indicative of something, I just don't know what. Any suggestions welcome, will even RTFM if someone will point me to it.

Dave

--
The problem with being cynical is you can't keep up!

-- anon. philosopher