Re: [Xen-users] Virtualizing primary desktop

I'm in middle of doing the same thing.. That bums me put to hear about VGA pass through.

On Apr 1, 2013 6:11 PM, "Mike" <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gordon Cooke wrote:
> I'm planning to use Xen to virtualize my new desktop at home
> Should I a) use my primary working linux distro that I use day-to-day
> as dom0 so I have easy access to peripherals and control over things,
> or b) use a minimal headless install for dom0 and make my day-to-day
> desktop a domU so I minimze risk of breaking the entire Xen
> environment and just passthrough the peripherals?

You might want to consider security as well.  If your browser is hacked
while you're on the Web, is it OK for that to happen in dom0?  Or better
to limit that to a domU built for that purpose?

Even with option (b), headless might be going too far.  Maybe you'd want
to control some features through a GUI.