Re: [Xen-users] Possible memory leak in qemu-dm when Xen USB Passthrough is used

Hello.

El 26/03/13 06:02, T escribió:
Recently I have reported a Debian bug:
Possible memory leak in qemu-dm when Xen USB Passthrough is used

I wonder if somebody encountered such behaviour or how can I debug it farther ?

I have got a issue using USB Passthrough to a HVM Dom0 under Xen 4.0 on Debian Squeeze. The guest system is Windows XP Pro i386 and the USB device is a Panasonic PBX KX-TES824, identified by lsusb as "04da:1683 Panasonic (Matsushita)". The USB is used to set up and configure the phone switching system, it is supposed to be normally idle.

After a few days connected, the USB stops to respond within the guest system. Need to physically unplug the device and plug it back to recover, once the condition is triggered. I have made no farther diagnostics, it was easer to use a dump workaround: since the USB link is used few times in a year, I do a "xm usb-add" before I use it and a "xm usb-del" once I finished. Never needed to touch it again.

I have not monitored the memory consumption, son I can't tell if this is about the same memory leak you report.

Greetings.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov