Re: [Xen-users] pv guest fails to start after 4.2 upgrade

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 21:57 +0000, Travis Osterman wrote:
>> I also tried to take pvgrub out of the picture so I mounted the image
>> and copied my initrd and kernel to the dom0 file system and updated my
>> config with the appropriate ramdisk and kernel lines.
>>
>> Full output without pvgrub
>> http://pastebin.com/c7VWWwXk
>>
>> Which dropped me in a shell asking for my root partition (progress).

Ian, thanks for the help, here are the answers.

> Does /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386 exist?

yes
# ls /usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386
/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-system-i386

> Is there a qemu process running while the guest is booting?

No.  If I mount the image to a loopback device and boot the domain, I
also do not have a qemu process (althought I'm not sure if I'm
supposed to at that point.

> Do you get any logs in the /var/log/xen/*dm*.log relating to this domain?

# cat /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-prime.log
bind(unix:/var/run/xen/qmp-libxl-4): No such file or directory
chardev: opening backend "socket" failed: No such file or directory

# ls /var/run/xen*
/var/run/xenconsoled.pid  /var/run/xenstored.pid

/var/run/xenstored:
socket  socket_ro

> Were you using xl or xm with Xen 4.1?

xl

So it looks like the lack of /var/run/xen/qmp-libxl-4 is contributing
... any idea where to head next?  Thanks again.

-- T