[Xen-users] domU Ubuntu VGA passthrough

Hi everyone,

The recent release of Stream for Ubuntu made me consider a "gaming
Ubuntu" domU. I would prefer gaming on GNU/Linux mainly to show my
support towards "Steam for Linux".
I've got one domU, a HVM Windows 7, I use it for gaming only. I passed
my HD6850 to it and it works perfectly. I had a hard time configuring
it but in the end I'm very satisfied with it. I supposed I could make
an Ubuntu install.

I read that GNU/Linux can run in PV mode for better performance but as
I understand PV machines can't accept PCI passthrough. So I decided
I'll use Xen HVM.

First I tried Xubuntu 12.10 (I don't like Unity that much). It
recognized that it was running on Xen HVM but I couldn't log in after
the install. Never mind, I tried Xubuntu 12.04.2. I installed it and
it looked fine without passthrough. But I couldn't managed to pass my
PCI cards and video card to it. I tried it one by one, all together,
with or without gfx_passthru=1  I even tried installing it with a full
config file, all stuff passed to if from the very beginning. All I got
when I tried to pass my graphics card was a black screen.

The Windows domU works perfectly, so my system is capable of passing
trough the VGA.

Is there any tutorials for this stuff? I tried to Google it but I
couldn't find anything. Can it be the AMD video driver for Ubuntu is
missing? I'm using the HDMI output of my card. Isn't Ubuntu supposed
to use a general VESA driver in this case? Am I missing something
trivial?

My cfg file: http://pastebin.com/brkmU7Dd
Dom0: Debian testing, 3.4.14 kernel, Xen 4.2.0 release

Thanks in advance for any replies,
- Misi