Re: [Xen-users] help please - running a guest from an iSCSI disk ? getting more diagnostics than "cannot make domain: -3" ? how to make domain0 "privileged" ?

Hello Jason,

Looking at your configuration, was the kernel built to be PV Compatible (http://sanifool.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/booting-up-a-domu-on-xen-4-2/).

The disk line looks fine provided you wanted to pass the whole disk to your PVM (including it's partition table etc). ÂAlso if you have it mounted while trying to launch the PVM that may throw warnings or errors.

Is it possible you are missing the bootloader (http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.2-testing/man/xl.cfg.5.html)?

I don't believe it would affect your ability to launch the PVM, but the I am unfamiliar with your vif device model, and the mac address isn't in the suggested Xen range (http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.2-testing/misc/xl-network-configuration.html).

If you are looking for more detailed diagnostics, you might check that the xen-debug kernel flag is set (and rebuild your ramdisk or kernel).

Logging must vary by distribution as I almost never see non-kernel software log its errors to dmesg (/var/log/messages), but most will place logs into the same directory and organize them by file or folder. ÂIn Xen's case it uses your toolstacks command xl dmesg (/var/logs/xen/).

---