[Xen-users] Error Starting Virtual Machines on XCP

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Amit More <amore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:34:47 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 19:36:00 +0000

Hi All,

I have XCP 1.1.0-50674c running on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 system with a couple
of virtual machines running on it. The virtual machines that are currently
running are working fine, however I cannot start the virtual machines are are
currently powered off. The error in the XenCenter (version 6) logs says
"Internal error: Device.PV_Vnc.Failed_to_start". I also tried to start the
virtual machine using xe command but to no avail. I have tried to start
different virtual machines on the same XCP hosts, and I get the same error
(mentioned above) every time I try to start a virtual machine. The XCP system
tries to start the virtual machine for about 20-25 minutes before giving up.

I haven't added or removed any hardware from the Dell PowerEdge system on which
XCP is running. The only modifications to the virtual machines were adding (and
removing) network interfaces. I also suspect that if I take the running virtual
machines down, I won't be able to bring them back up again.

I searched the internet for answers, but couldn't find any convincing ones. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit