Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.1 unable to get domain type for domid

On 18/02/13 20:17, Andrew Eross wrote:
Hi guys,

I eventually gave up and went back to Xen 4.1.4, which works perfectly fine using the exact same install method and Ubuntu domU configuration, but just with xm.

I wrote up how I did the Xen 4.2.1 install here for reference -
http://locatrix.com/building-and-installing-xen-4-2-1-from-source-on-ubuntu-12-10/

And the Xen 4.1.4 install here -
http://locatrix.com/building-and-install-xen-4-1-4-from-source-on-ubuntu-12-10/

I hope maybe some others could give it a try and see if they also are unable to install Ubuntu domUs with xl on 4.2.1 like I'd been trying to.

Cheers,
Andrew

I have 12.04 DomU's running under 12.04 Dom0 on self compiled 4.2.1, using xl toolstack

The only issue I have had is that 12.04 DomU ends up with a non-PAE kernel, which needs to be fixed after the install. 12.10 DomU's don't appear to suffer this. No idea what the difference is between our set-ups, although I just use LVMs and always specify a MAC address.