[Xen-users] Remus Suspend event channel kernel support

Hi Shiriam,

I've noticed there's a fair amount of mention of the need for "suspend event channel" support in the domU kernel when using Remus, and there's some mention of certain kernels that support it (e.g. http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/)

However, I'm running Ubuntu 12.04+ these days, and I don't think I'd want to install that kernel in favor of the linux 3.5 kernel it comes with (?).

I was trying to see if there's a way to be able to compile a custom kernel with the required support?

I just couldn't figure out exactly what having "suspend event channel support" means (e.g. is it a driver, a config option, a code change), and was hoping you might be able to help?

Thanks!
Andrew