Re: [Xen-users] IVHD error, AMD-Vi gets disabled (4.1.3-3ubuntu1.3)

Ian and Hans are probably right. Adding the "iommu=amd-iommu-global-intremap" option to xen enables the IOMMU with warnings.

A BIOS update did NOT work however, to the latest one available from Supermicro (R 3.0, Bios Date 09/10/2012). This would suggest that Supermicro mainboard models H8DG6 / H8DGi / H8DG6-F / H8DGi-F are broken in this respect, at least with current available BIOSes.

I will stick with the insecure workaround, but I'll notify Supermicro about the problem.

Thanks

2013/2/14 Ian Campbell
>On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 14:17 +0000, Andreas Falck wrote:
>>
>> Could it be a xen bug (I know that my system is somewhat unusual), a
>> old BIOS bug interacting with newer xen or an aqcuired hardware error?
>> I'll of course provide more logs if needed.

>Almost certainly the middle one IMHO, as bugs get fixed in Xen it
>becomes less tolerant of dubious BIOS tables.

2013/2/16 Hans Mueller