Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 freeze on HVM DomU Windows reboot with VGA passthrough

> > If you are using GPLPV, I have a very beta version that no longer
> > tries to do anything funky with interrupts and may make a difference
> > here... unless you are also freezing without using GPLPV in which
> > case it won't.
>
>       Thanks for the tip.
>
>       I just uninstalled the GPLPV driver in the win7 guest, and now
> that win7 won't boot anymore, it just gives me a BSOD at startup.
>
>       The BSOD stays if I disable the PCI/VGA passthrough so it's not
> related I guess.

Uninstalling GPLPV leaves a registry entry present that causes it to not boot.
Is the BSoD start with 0x0000007b? If so that's the "cant find boot device"

If you can boot of the win7 boot cd then into the recovery console, load the
registry hive (eg load c:\windows\system32\config\system) and delete xenpci
from anything called upperfilters it should boot again.

James