Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0: unable to add disk devices

On Monday 11 February 2013 at 16:06, Ian Campbell wrote:
> This seems like a -users question to me, please try and pick the
> appropriate list for your questions. I've moved this there.

Sorry and thank you!

> On Mon, 2013-02-11 at 14:53 +0000, Fabiano Francesconi wrote:
> > Is there a way to reload all the stuff I've removed?
>

> Rebooting is the most obvious way to reset to a known good state
> quickly.
>
> You could also try restarting the "xencommons" service.
>
> However the only thing which should be in xenstore at start of day is
> the domain 0 name, the rest should be created on the fly as needed, and
> what you have now looks a lot like a fresh system to me, so I'm not
> quite sure what is causing your issue.
>
> I'm not 100% sure but perhaps this has also broken the backend driver's
> watches on the xenstore. But I thought they were path based, rather than
> based on the specific node, and so shouldn't be affected but perhaps I
> am mistaken. Anyway, you could try rmmod and modprobe all of the Xen
> related modules in your kernel (assuming they are mostly modular).
>
> Ian.
Rebooting solved the issue. I tried rebooting twice, before, but it didn't
help.
This time I completely turned off the server and turned it back on.

Sorry but it is the whole day that I'm working on these machines and I hurried
up writing here while I should have spent more time digging into it by myself.

Still, thank you very much.

--
Fabiano Francesconi