Re: [Xen-users] linux stubdom

Hello,

Am 06.02.2013 um 15:39 Uhr schrieb Markus Hochholdinger
<Markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Am 01.02.2013 um 09:56 Uhr schrieb Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>:
[..]
> > > executed? Would this be between #3 and #7?
> > It is part of the device teardown and setup, so it is during #5 and #6
> > (strictly I think it is just after #5 and just before #6).
> > On xen-devel at the minute there is a patch series under discussion to
> > make the script hooks more flexible, in particular adding pre and post
> > migrate hooks (called something like #1-#3 and #7-#7) which can pre
> > setup bits of the storage stack which are safe to do with the guest
> > running but might be slow to initialise (e.g. iSCSI login, but not
> > opening the device). I don't think this needs to affect you though.
> at least with xm toolstack, block-scripts in /etc/xen/scripts/block-* are
> executed on the destination host (add) before the script (remove) on the
> source host is executed while live migrating a domU.
> (I've created the script /etc/xen/scripts/block-md which assembles and
> stops raid1 devices.)
> Next, I'll test xl toolstack with this setup.

with Xen 4.1 there's no support for custom scripts within libxl.

With Xen 4.2.1 there's support for custom scripts (like with xm toolstack) but
also only add/remove. And add is called on the destination side before remove
is called on the transmitting side while doing a live migration of a domU.

Next I'll test latest development version...

--
greetings

eMHa