[Xen-users] Getting xen domus memory stats working on CentOS

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "FONG Julio" <juliofong@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:44:59 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 20:46:15 +0000

I would like to thank you for all your xen support.

There is now 1 week that I'm trying to find a way to get domus memory stats on CentOS using xen 3.0.3, I also tried with xen 3.4.4. I compiled the last libvirt from source, I heard that some libvirt api functions has been disabled by rhel developer because of a flaw, I readed that they had patched the xen driver in the past before they had been removed for other releases. I would like to develop and contribute but I don't even know how to create files patch.
Can you explain me a little bit about this patch that they added? what they done after that?
Do you know some CentOS releases that support the domus memory function call?
I can use fedora that provide xen-driver rpm but the problem is that it was build for xen 4 witch is not stable. What you suggest me? I'm using now CentOS 5.8 with xen 3.0.3. and xentop doesn't refresh memory used by domus.

Many Thanks. Julio