Re: [Xen-users] Guest not starting after hardware migration

On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 17:14 +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:

> The machine looks like it boots OK and the host and Linux guest start
> fine. The Windows VM steadfastly refuses to boot and if I do an xl
> create on it, I get the following messages:
>
>         libxl: error: libxl_create.c:420:libxl_domain_make: domain creation
> fail
>         libxl: error: libxl_create.c:646:initiate_domain_create: cannot make
> domain: -3

This seems to correspond to -ESRCH from xc_domain_create.

>         libxl: error: libxl.c:1392:libxl__destroy_domid: non-existant domain
> -1
>         libxl: error: libxl.c:1356:domain_destrpy_callback: unable to destroy
> guest with domid 4294967295
>         libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1152:domcreate_destruction_cb: unable to
> destroy domain 4294967295 following failed creation
>
> These errors don't seem to contain any useful information to me

"xl -vvv create ..." might give you some more information, or you might
see some useful messages in "xl dmesg". It might be useful to see the
complete logs in case something interesting is hidden there.

What does your guest configuration file contain?