Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.1. BSOD in Windows guests with VGA passthrough

Hello,

On Wednesday 30 January 2013 14:44:46 Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen wrote:
> [...]

I currentrly use GPLPV 356 version.

> > And it works for Windows XP (x86) and Windows 7 (x86_64).
> >
> > But I get a BSOD, when I try to load a disk or network subsystem or start
> > Windows 7 performance test.
> > Steps to reproduce
> > 1) enable PCI passthrough and pass primary VGA card
> > 2) Try to copy a large file (3G for example) over the network into guest.
> > ( or try to install large application)
> > Symptoms:
> > 1) A graphical artifacts appears
>
> How much memory does your DomU have, I have seen artifacts like this if I
> used 4G of ram. I reduced the amount to 2G and everything is working fine.

Thank you for advice.
I changed guest memory to 3G and got more stability, But BSOD comes again :-)
I changed guest memory to 2G and everthing become OK, even windows perfomance
test.
It seems the less memory I provide to guest, the more stability I obtain.

It is painful for me to have 16G RAM and use only 2G. Do you know any solution
to fix this issue?

--
Ð ÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÐÐ, ÐÐÑÐÐÐÐÐ ÐÐÑÐÐÐ.