Re: [Xen-users] Lots of IOAPIC or GSI related errors

Am 07.01.2013 12:23, schrieb Ian Campbell:
> On Sun, 2013-01-06 at 07:34 +0000, Sven KÃhler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm getting lots of IOAPIC and GSI related errors, both in xen's and the
>> dom0 kernel's dmesg (see below).
>>
>> It might have to do with the fact, that I added "acpi=ht" to my xen
>> command line. Previously to adding that, the errors didn't show up. But
>> I added it, because it was said to fix my reboot problems. But along
>> with adding acpi=ht, I also upgraded dom0 to kernel 3.7.1.
>
> Any chance you could separate those two changes and isolatethe one which
> causes the problem?

It's a remote server. I'm pretty sure I'm already annoying the employees
of my hoster enough, as the machine enters some weired state during
reboot, from which it does never recover - even pushing the reset button
(which I can do remotely) doesn't work. Hence the hoster's employees
always have to turn the machine off and on again.

> The docs for acpi=ht say:
>         Using `acpi=ht` causes Xen to parse the ACPI tables enough to
>         enumerate all CPUs, but will not use other ACPI features.  This is not
>         common, and only has an effect if your system is blacklisted.
>
> I doubt this is what you want for a reboot issue.
>
> You should probably investigate the reboot= options instead.

Did that already. Didn't help.

The problem is actually known to the hoster. They recommended acpi=ht.
The hoster blamed ACPI and said that disabling ACPI would fix the
problem. However, since I added acpi=ht, I haven't rebootet the machine yet.

Do you have any clue what these APIC/GSI error are all about? I mean,
even if you can't explain why they happen, what do they actually mean?

Regards,
  Sven