Re: [Xen-users] Failure in creating PV guest VM

Sorry for that, I don't know how I did it.
I am familiar with centos but xen 4.1.2 on ubuntu were easier to start with.

Yesterday, I switch to ubuntu and everything went fine (in creating this example).

After installation, the VM was not on list (xl list) however in the beginning it was there with state -r-----. Anyway, I'll update you with more details once, I back to my machine.

I am familiar with vmware, what is the best tool like vCenter ??

Thank you for you support you and the rest of the team.

Best Regards

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 12:10 +0000, Jihed M'selmi wrote:
> hi Ian

You dropped the list from the CC, please don't do that. I've added it
back for you this time.

> Here's the thing:
> [root@mypc ~]# xenconsoled --log=guest

Did you make sure there was no existing xenconsoled running?

> [root@mypc ~]# xl -f create -vc /etc/xen/ubuntu
> option `v' not supported.

The -v shuld go before the command, and I would recommend -vvv for
maximum verbosity, e.g. "xl -vvv create ..."

Why are you using -f? Did you read the message produced when you ran xl
without it?

> Parsing config from /etc/xen/ubuntu
> Daemon running with PID 6525
> libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:34:libxl__domain_type: unable to get domain
> type for domid=5
> Unable to attach console
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: console
> child [0] exited with error status 1
>

> and log console was generated..

So what was in it?

> for Dom0 which linux dist do you guys recommend ? I am thinking about
> going back to ubuntu, what do you think ?

I'm largely agnostic, I would recommend sticking with what you know.
Ubuntu is a perfectly reasonable choice.