[Xen-users] where does qemu fit in?

Hi Folks,

I've been looking a bit at various cluster file systems, and I keep coming back to their qemu interfaces. But... I really don't understand where qemu fits into xen.

Can anybody explain where and how qemu is utilized within xen - for paravirtualized VMs vs. VMs that use hardware virtualization extensions vs. paravirtualized VMs that take advantage of some hardware virtualization extensions?

(For context, I'm trying to explore how one might use Sheepdog with Xen.)

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman