[Xen-users] PCI passthrough: USB device not recognized

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Sergey Vlasov <sergey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 02:20:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 00:22:48 +0000

Hello,

I'm experimenting with Xen. I managed to get running Windows8 Enterprise Evaluation in domU and passed through an ExpressCard34 USB3.0 controller to which I connect things. I have an external USB sound card working in domU just fine but when I'm trying to connect another USB sound capable device I get that error. If I open properties of the faulty device in Windows Device Manager it shows error "Code 43". There is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/xcMDR.png The device is Access Virus TI2 synthesizer. I was using Xen 4.1, then upgraded to 4.2 hoping to see things improved but getting still same problem. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 in dom0. Is there anything that can be done?

Sergey