[Xen-users] Howto passthrough a legacy device (like parallel printer port) to a pvops domU ?

Hi,

I use xen 4.2.0 as shipped with alpinelinux (2.5.0).
When I boot opensuse 12.2 as domU (xenlinux kernel) I can access my
parallel port, but when I boot alpinelinux (pvops kernel) as domU
I can not.
I've loaded the module  parport_pc and can see the ioport in
/proc/ioports.

--snip--
appserver:~# grep parport /proc/ioports
0378-037a : parport0
appserver:~#
--snip--

But when I try to access /dev/lp0 I get

--snip--
appserver:~# cat /dev/lp0
cat: /dev/lp0: No such file or directory
appserver:~#
--snip--

with opensuse as domU the cat command opens /dev/lp0 and waits for data.

Are there any other option needed for pvops based systems ?

my domU config looks like:

--snip--
name="appserver"
description="base applications like dns and printserver"
memory=384
maxmem=1024
vcpus=1
cpus=[0]
cpu_weight=16
on_poweroff="destroy"
on_reboot="restart"
on_crash="destroy"
localtime=0
keymap="de"
builder="linux"
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_64.gz"
extra = "(hd0)/boot/grub/menu.lst"
nographic=1
keymap = 'de'
ioports=['0378-037a']
irq=[7]
disk=[
  'phy:/dev/mapper/xenimages-appserver,xvda1,w',
]
vif=[ 'mac=00:00:00:00:00:22,bridge=br0', ]
--snip--

--
Regards

  Dieter