[Xen-users] Why domu performance degraded when used RAM disk as storage.

Specification:
dom0:RAM 4GB, cpu i5,Ubuntu 12.04
domU:RAM 512 Mb,vcpu 1,ubuntu 12.04 (Only one Domu is turned on at a time)
Xen 4.1.2

I have mounted /dev/shm (2GB)  to /VM as tmpfs and created ramdisk.img of size 1 GB using dd command on it and using virt-manager i have created a xen hvm domu and specified storage as ramdisk.img and turned on,with out showing any problem it worked but comparing other hvm domu with same configuration this domu is taking much more time to boot and execute.
Even though i dont have any performance results to show,there exist considerable performance difference.
RAM being faster than Hardisk i expected performance improvement rather than degradation.Can you tell me why performance degraded?]
Regards,
Ananthan