[Xen-users] vga passthrough help needed.

Hi Xen community,

I've been playing with gpu passthrough for a while now, without success, so i'm starting to think that my hardware is the problem.

My config:

Motherboard: supermicro x9scl+

CPU: Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 V2

Memory: 32GB ECC

GPU: PowerColor Go! Green HD5450 512MB DDR2 PCIEx1.

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/VTd_HowTo

Only devices with FLR capabilities are supported.

so did the lspci -vv, this gives me the output:

                        ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset-

FLReset not supported by my GPU. Hmm, So? Can i forget about it, and get a new gpu? or are there any workarounds availble?

Also i see that my motherboard + cpu is not on the supported list inhere: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/VTd_HowTo

What hardware could i switch to get a working config? New motherboard, and keep the cpu + memory? Only new GPU?

Running on Xen 4.3 unstable on debian squeeze with custom kernel on linux 3.6.1. pciback works  fine. I can add all pci devices to the vm, install the amd drivers without problems, but when starting the windows 7 x64 ultimate machine after the install it hangs at Starting Windows.

Any tips would be great.