Re: [Xen-users] network setup with one bonded interface and one virtual interface

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Adam Gold <awg1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is what I'm trying to do - have a single external interface

You seem to already have that - bond0. Don't mess with it.

> and a single
> virtual internal nat-ed interface which can reach the outside internet –
> possible?  If so, could someone tell me what the basic setup looks like.

installing libvirt-bin will automatically create virbr0 which does
just that, complete with the necessary iptables and dnsmasq setup.
Same thing with lxc, which will create lxcbr0.

As an alternative: http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Ubuntu/Bridge

While Simon said a bridge doesn't need any dummy ports attached to it
(which is true in most cases), I like to attach dummy interfaces to it
anyway. This is because virtualbox will crash the whole system if you
use bridge networking and set virtualbox to use the bridge, while it
works just fine if you tell it to use the dummy interface.

--
Fajar