Re: [Xen-users] pci passthrough with multiple devices

Hi,

> I think this is probably/likely a kernel issue (so I've CC'd Konrad)
> Setting "host_e820=1" in the guest cfg might help, but I've a feeling > it happens automagically if you specify "pci = " so perhaps not.
>
> You might need swiotlb=force too, Konrad can probably best advise.

unfortunately neither of those options helped

> I'd be useful to see the actual kernel logs from both the success and
> failure case. I set "XENCONSOLED_TRACE=guest" in
> /etc/{sysconfig,default}/xencommon (which one you have depends on
> distro) and mkdir /var/log/xen/console, after restarting xenconsoled > you should get a log file for each guest.

i'm on gentoo, and i don't have that configuration file
i have to edit /etc/conf.d/xenconsoled, and add "--log=guest --log-dir=/var/log/xen/console/" to the XENCONSOLED_OPTS variable

logs attached (i hope, i didn't mix them up):

successful start with pci passthrough enabled and maxmem equal to memory:
rita-start-success-passthrough.txt
xl-rita.log-success-passthrough.txt
guest-rita.log-success-passthrough.txt

successful start with maxmem different from memory and pci passthrough disabled:
rita-start-success-maxmem.txt
xl-rita.log-success-maxmem.txt
guest-rita.log-success-maxmem.txt

failed starts with pci passthrough enabled and maxmem different from memory - the console log were empty (0 Bytes) in these cases:
without host_e820=1 or swiotlb=force:
rita-start-failure-passthrough-maxmem.txt
xl-rita.log-failure-passthrough-maxmem.txt

with swiotlb=force:
rita-start-failure-passthrough-maxmem-swiotlb.txt
xl-rita.log-failure-passthrough-maxmem-swiotlb.txt

with host_e820=1:
rita-start-failure-passthrough-maxmem-hoste820.txt
xl-rita.log-failure-passthrough-maxmem-hoste820.txt

with swiotlb=force and host_e820=1:
rita-start-failure-passthrough-maxmem-hoste820-swiotlb.txt
xl-rita.log-failure-passthrough-maxmem-hoste820-swiotlb.txt

Regards,
Gabor Hudiczius