Re: [Xen-users] [SOLVED] domU PXE boot with bridge

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:22:43 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:24:41 +0000

Hello.

El 11/08/12 22:48, Raj Mathur (ààà ààààà) escribiÃ:
Is there a better way, e.g. by somehow forcing gPXE to sleep for some
time before it tries the DHCP?

In any case, now our automated Debian install is working for bridged
domU VMs.  Hope this is useful to others with the same problem.

By default, at least in Debian, when you attach a network interface (vif, in this case) to a bridge, there is delay before the packets are forwarded to the newly attached interface. The delay time is configurable via interfaces file or brctl utility.

There was a thread about this 2012-04-03 08:42. I quote the relevant part:

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov