Re: [Xen-users] the simplest example to start

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Massimo Canonico <mex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 10:35:06 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:39:10 +0000

Hi,

On 06/08/2012 06:47 PM, Alexandre Kouznetsov wrote:
El 08/06/12 10:44, Massimo Canonico escribió:

Extract your ttylinux's kernel and initrd, place them somewhere under your Dom0, make sure the VM config file has the correct path to them. Please note that the kernel need to have Xen support. Before 3.0, it's not the same kernel you would use to boot on a baremetal machine.
How can I extract a kernel/initdr from the ttylinux?

Thanks,
 Massimo

So, I would ask if you know some place (tutorial/blog) where I can find
the very basic steps in order to accomplish my task. I do not care about
ttylinux, I just want a very simple example.
It has been boarded a few days ago, here is a reference: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/246910
(not sure if there is a more oficial source of this mailing list archive)