[Xen-users] Redundant setup across two datacenters with two XCP hosts

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ron Arts <ron.arts@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 22:35:29 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 20:37:38 +0000

Hello all,

I am looking to run only 1 VM on this setup, don't need to do live migration,
although that would be nice, I just want to protect against hardware and
datacenter/network failure. The VM is lightly loaded, not much disk I/O or
CPU load.

I have two machines, each one with 2 x SATA 250GB, and 1 SSD 128GB.
(There is a simple RAID-1 SATA hardware controller on board).

I am willing to spend the time to configure these machines, but buying
extra hardware is pretty much out of the question.

Would it be possible to create a configuration where these two machines
could span two datacenters in a redundant way?

thanks for any insights,
Ron