Re: [Xen-users] Xen newbie

On Fri, 2012-05-25 at 13:06 +0200, Arindam Choudhury wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed xen using yum in fedora 16.

Cool. Stay tuned fo FC17 (still with Xen support, of course), which is
coming!

> When I boot grub shows me a lot xen botting options. Are the all same
> or have different funtionality?

They are, indeed. Well, the one with 'syms' in it should be related to
the possibility of booting with a version of the hypervisor compiled
with debugging symbols, so better to avoid it, although it would still
work like all the others.

The fact that they are so much it's an actual bug, which has been worked
out (IIRC) for Fedora 17.

> also in
> xl info
>
> I have xen_changeset : unavailable, what does it mean?

Nothing that is worth worrying about. I guess it's something related to
packaging or, in general, not compiling from an actual hg tree.

> I also can not copy host CPU configuration in guest, it gives
>
> Error copying host CPU: No host CPU reported in capabilities
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 1779, in
> config_cpu_copy_host
>     CPU.copy_host_cpu()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtinst/CPU.py", line 185, in
> copy_host_cpu
>     raise ValueError(_("No host CPU reported in capabilities"))
> ValueError: No host CPU reported in capabilities

In virt-manager you mean, right? I'm seeing this too, but I'm not sure
what "copying host CPU" is (and if it means something at all), so I
never cared.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario