Re: [Xen-users] Firewall in domU, networking in XEN

For example, in Debian you can (I think) do this in /etc/network/interfaces :

auto ethext

iface ethext inet static

   bridge_ports eth0

auto ethint

iface ethint inet static

   bridge_ports none

   address 192.168.1.x

   netmask 255.255.255.0

   gateway 192.168.1.1

auto ethdmz

iface ethdmz inet static

   bridge_ports none

If I've got it right, this will leave you with three bidges :

ethext has one member, the real NIC eth0. Dom0 has no access to it

(no IP address configured).

ethint has no physical NICs. Dom0 has an IP in this network.

ethdmz also has no physical NIC, and also no access to Dom0.

Simon, I'm running again through what you've written, and I'm still missing several points:

1. I need to create a virtual interface in dom0 that will connect to ethint (giving an access to LOC). Should I create an alias to eth0 (eth0:1) ?

2. I cannot configure ethdmz in the way that you've shown. It works fine if I assign IP as in case ethint

3. How should I keep the configuration of eth0 if it won't have any IP (in dom0) - it will be bridged to domU1 ?

Should it be something like this:

auto eth0:0

 iface eth0:0 inet manual

and then configure it normally (i.e. DHCP or static) in domU1 ?

Thanks for help

Slawomir