Re: [Xen-users] Debian Squeeze SAMBA3 und XEN

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 23:54 +0100, S. Kremer wrote:
> Hi @ll,
>
> i use XEN with Debian Squeeze Server (amd64). I installed a minimal
> Debian Squeeze System and then install/configure XEN like the howto (
> http://wiki.debian.org/Xen)
>
> Further on i installed on same system a SAMBA3 server as PDC with server
> based user profiles.
>
> The server is configured with two network cards, but SAMBA is configured
> to use (bind) only one of them.
>
> Is it a problem to use both XEN and SAMBA3 on the same machine?

I've not heard of any problems with Samba vs Xen, although I don't run
Samba myself so I've not got any direct experience of the sorts of
issues one might encounter.

In general you should be able to run anything in a virtual machine which
you would run on a physical host, that's rather the point ;-) (there are
obviously exceptions, e.g. requirements to access particular hardware
etc)

Ian.