[Xen-users] sudden restart of xen-node after starting HVM domU

Hi,

as described in the subject already, our hardware-node suddenly freezes after starting a HVM domU and restarts itself without proper shutdown. We've set "noreboot" as kernel parameter, but the system keeps getting unresponsable after starting a HVM domU (PV domUs are no problem).

Here are the hardware specs:
ProLiant DL385 G7
96G RAM
2x AMD Opteron Processor 6272 (16-core)

We have cloned the entire system (Debian 6.0.3) from one of our other hardware-nodes with less resources, where we don't have this issue.

Following versions are currently installed:

linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64          2.6.32-39
xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64                4.0.1-4

Unfortunately, we don't any kind of logfile, as the box restarts right after starting a domU.

We currently have 4 of the new boxes, where we can reproduce the described behaviour.

Any idea how to debug this?

Here's a comparison of /proc/cpu:

this is an old node:
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 16
model           : 9
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6128
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 2989655.870
cache size      : 512 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nonstop_tsc extd_apicid amd_dcm pni cx16 popcnt hypervisor lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch nodeid_msr
bogomips        : 4000.20
TLB size        : 1024 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm stc 100mhzsteps hwpstate

this is the new node:
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 21
model           : 1
model name      : AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6272
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1048360.785
cache size      : 2048 KB
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags : fpu de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm constant_tsc nonstop_tsc extd_apicid amd_dcm pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes avx hypervisor lahf_lm cmp_legacy extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch xop nodeid_msr arat
bogomips        : 4200.14
TLB size        : 1536 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm 100mhzsteps hwpstate [9]

thanks
Sascha