Re: [Xen-users] Unable to start X when booting the hypervisor

On Sun, 2012-05-06 at 11:06 +0100, emmanuele catanzaro wrote:
> Hi there!
>

> I am trying to start my X session within my XEN installation but I am
> not able to do it because of an error. I guess it's due to the
> hypervisor, because if I boot the system with the same kernel without
> using the hypervisor (i.e. romoving the "kernel /xen.gz" line in grub
> configuration) X starts, and I can use my Desktop Environment
> actually.
> The problem is that when I try to start the X server, it gives me only
> a black screen, so that I have to reboot.
> I am currently using the gentoo-sources-3.3.0 (yes, Gentoo user here).
> As regard the video driver I use the nvidia-drivers package. My
> graphic card is a "nVidia Corporation GT218 [GeForce 8400 GS]".

These are the nvidia binary drivers? If so then AFAIK you need to
contact Nvidia to get them to make these compatible with PVops kernels.

However Nouvea (The oss driver for nvidia hardware which is included in
the kernel) has been known to work and if this is failing for you then
I'm sure Konrad (maintainer) would be very interested.