Re: [Xen-users] paravirtualization using centos template (asim hafeez)

Hi,

I've trying booting Xen Hypervisor PV with a centos5 template using kernel
and initrd from mirror.centos.org/centos/5/os/i386. When i start PV this go
to installation mode. However this should boot with template. Please help
in this regard what Am i doing wrong.

--

Best Regards
Asim

I think this initrd are intended for installation only. It is better to use pygrub than directly specify the kernel and ramdisk in the config file.  If you really want to do this, you can copy the initrd from a running domU or you can repack one. The initrd in dom0 doesn't work too. I copied a initrd from a vm and it works.

Best Regards,
Xinli