Re: [Xen-users] How to use lvm stripe with xen?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:33:08 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:33:57 +0000

Hello.

I agree with Simon, this has nothing to do with Xen or xe.

El 17/04/12 09:57, Henning Ryll escribió:
I am looking around but I can not find any samples to build al lvm stripe with
'xe sr-create'. All samples are using just 1 device.

How to create local storage using a lvm stipe ?
Check LVM documentation. Essentially, that you probably want is to add the new disk, as a "physical volume" the your main "volume group". This will not give you a block level stripe, instead it will concatenate both storage spaces.

In order to get a block level stripe (or any other RAID technology), the common approach is to make LVM to reside over a RAID device instead of a physical disk. It might be hardware RAID, or software md device.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov