Re: [Xen-users] running xcp (or xenserver) from usb driver or SD card

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.

El 14/04/12 02:18, insrc escribió:

Do you think it's possible to run Xenserver/XCP or xen from an usb drive
or memory card like it's possible for vmware please ? Is it recommended
? Are there any performance issue  :-) ?  I would like to dedicate all
of  the local storage to hosting VMs only.
Yes, it is quite possible. Can't say much about real performance, I have not went farther than a proof of concept myself, but i do not expect it to be an issue. It will respond slower to control commands, but the VM's should run ok.

Hi,
Thanks Alexandre for your help ! Will look at your links soon hopefully.
But as it seems that it's not common practice (or perhaps not recommended ?) to run it from usb, i won't go that road for now :(

I also read that when running xenserver/xcp from usb drive, one has to make sure to send logs to a remote syslog  server in order to avoid any performance issue.

Anyway, thanks a lot !

Cheers,