Re: [Xen-users] Is Xen really a Type 1 Hypervisor?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 April 2012 17:50
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Is Xen really a Type 1 Hypervisor?
To: eva <evammg@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Casey DeLorme <cdelorme@xxxxxxxxx>, John McDermott CIV
<john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, eva <evammg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for my ignorance. But I thought ESXi was based on RedHat, ..so I
> thought it could benefit itself from the drivers that Linux uses,
> because is Red Hat (?)

there's not much information about how close to Linux is the control
system of VMWare.  there has been some accusations of GPL
noncompliance, after all.   but still, i guess they heavily modify the
kernel and drivers, so they only maintain a very small subset of them.

---
Javier,

I see. I had no idea about the driver issue with vmware..

Always the same old story with open source software..

Anyways, It's been all very clarifying. Thank you!!