Re: [Xen-users] Transcendent Memory ("tmem") -capable kernel now publicly released

Hi Eva --

(sorry to list for top-post... when responding to html messages with my mailer, overriding this is very painful)

Every piece of code in tmem is entirely open source and GPL.  I’m not a licensing expert but I think it is all GPLv2.

Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 2 (“UEK2”) runs on and is the default kernel on Oracle Linux 5 (“OL5”) and Oracle Linux 6 (“OL6”).  UEK2 source is published in a public git tree (unlike RH kernels) so is freely available if you wish to examine the source for git commits (i.e. for frontswap patches that tmem uses that are not yet upstream).  OL5 and OL6 are clones of the RHEL equivalents (and the original RHEL kernels are included, but are not the default booted kernels).  OL5 and OL6 are freely available, as are all errata and updates.  See http://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/setting_up_oracle_6  for more info.

Hi Psusi (Phillip?) –

Just saw your tmem post... sorry I don’t keep up with xen-users.   If you are looking at implementing Xen tmem support on/for a future Ubuntu release, let me know if I can help and see: http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=linux-2.6-unbreakable.git;a=summary

Thanks,

Dan