Re: [Xen-users] guest boot randomly fails to load sky2 kernel module? restart usually clears it up.

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: locuse@xxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 07:32:34 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 14:33:05 +0000

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012, at 11:19 AM, locuse@xxxxx wrote:
> on infrequent occassion, i simply can't get it to boot correctly at all.
>  in that case, a reboot of the Host seems to clear it up.
>
> what can i do about this so that the kernel module loads on boot each
> time correctly?  is this a Host or Guest configuration issue?

For a PV guest that has a pci-passthrough NIC, when shutting down /
restarting the Guest, is there some additional command I need to run to
make sure that is comes back up with the driver/NIC properly loaded?

This internmittent behavior -- sometimes booting OK, sometimes
requirding 1+ additional reboots -- really makes this unusable.

locuse