Re: [Xen-users] Hyper V with Xen

Hello Dominik,

Your question got me a little curious, because I know that Hyper-V is
a bit of a stickler for hardware requirements.  A bit of light
googling and link crawling turned up this:
http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2011/07/how-to-enable-support-for-nested-64bit.html

I laughed a little bit when he referred to the nested VMs as
"Inception."  Great movie :D

It seems as though what you want to do will require hardware VT
translation on the part of the hypervisor (software virtualization of
hardware virtualization?  That makes my brain explode a little!).  It
*can* work, but maybe the devs can speak as to whether or not the
feature exists, or at least tell you what its "properly" called.  I'm
guessing that VMware calls it "VHV," probably short for "Virtualized
Hardware-assisted Virtualization."  Or something.  Hehe.

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky