[Xen-users] Operational System for Storage (DomUs)

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Oper.ML" <oper.ml@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:32:56 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 12:34:32 +0000

Hi guys,

    i have a SuperMicro server with an LSI SATA Controler with 16 hdd attached in RAID50.
    I would like to know wich operational system should i work with in this server? I will have 4 Xen host servers bringing up the DomUs in iSCSI with a dedicated gigabit network.
    I already had experience with the CenOS 5.5, running the TGTD daemon, e not pleasure one, cause the system keep staying with WAIT (I/O) reaching 100%, causing the DomUs to hang/freeze and remount the partitions in RO.
    I'm thinking about Ubuntu Server. Does anyone have sugestions and some experience to share about this?

Thanks alot.
Tony M.