Re: [Xen-users] vif-bridge script is called even configured to use NAT

err...I followed this guide, and it did not mention the 'script' option. I will give it a try.

Thanks.

On Saturday, April 14, 2012, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In my /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp file, I configured to use NAT-network:
>
> (network-script 'network-nat netdev=wlan0')
> (vif-script   vif-nat)
>

> In my VM configure file, I added:
>
> vif = ['ip=10.0.0.1' ]
>

> My xend service started fine. But when I start my VM (Windows 7), I got
> following messages:
>
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: online type_if=vif
> XENBUS_PATH=backend/vif/5/0
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: add type_if=tap XENBUS_PATH=
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: Writing backend/vif/5/0/hotplug-error
> Could not find bridge device xenbr0 backend/vif/5/0/hotplug-status error to
> xenstore.
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: Could not find bridge device xenbr0
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: Writing
> /local/domain/0/backend/vif/5/0/hotplug-error Could not find bridge device
> xenbr0 /local/domain/0/backend/vif/5/0/hotplug-status error to xenstore.
> logger: /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge: Could not find bridge device xenbr0
>

> It seems it is trying to use the bridge network, since the xend service is
> configured to use NAT script, it cannot find the bridge device. How to fix
> this?

I'm pretty sure that if you use network-script, you also need to put
something like

vif = ['ip=10.0.0.1' , script='vif-nat']

Plus, instead of using xen's vif-bridge/vif-nat script, it's better to:
- leave network-script in xend-config.sxp commented out
- create your OWN bridge
- add necessary iptables rules if you want to use NAT

Several bridging examples for ubuntu/debian:
http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Ubuntu/Bridge

--
Fajar

--