Re: [Xen-users] Xen timekeeping best practices

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Qrux <qrux.qed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Todd Deshane wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Qrux <qrux.qed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been meaning to start a collection of information for Xen Timekeeping.
>>>  If anyone else has any docs or images they'd like to contribute, I'd be
>>> happy to collect them here as reference material for when someone takes the
>>> plunge to update the Xen wiki.
>>>

>> This type of cleanup would be great for a Xen Document Day
>
> 1) I have no idea what kind of "cleanup" you're referring to.  I'm just
> trying to fill a void; specifically, the lack of a single place to look for
> timekeeping information.  I'm not trying to summarize, even; I'm just looking
> to collect information.

I was referring to the FAQ
(http://wiki.xensource.com/wiki/Xen_FAQ_DomU#How_can_i_synchronize_a_dom0_clock.3F)
that turned out to be not useful to answer the question. The cleanup
would be to actually provide an accurate answer on the xen wiki for a
common question like this.

> 2) As for a Xen Doc Day...I "attended" one of those once, for the better part
> of a working day.  There were a few people on that IRC channel, and it felt
> like you had to know the "magic password"; the channel was completely silent,
> other than someone telling me that it was "just quiet" after I asked what the
> heck was going on (or supposed to go on).  That didn't seem a particularly
> good use of time.

Thanks for the feedback. I've added Lars to the CC. He may not have
been around for that particular doc day to help coordinate. Lars can
give you a better sense of how they run and what to expect.

> Personally, I'd rather just collect some information for now.

Great. We just like to try to coordinate these efforts so that the
information lands (and/or is linked) on the appropriate wikis,
developer docs, websites, etc.

Thanks,
Todd

--