Re: [Xen-users] gPXE useâr class

Detail:
Im using XenServer 6. When start VM and press ctrl-b, I can configure user-class in PXE console(screen on link).
http://i32.fastpic.ru/big/2012/0411/c9/4d6028f65a6353e2559dc561f0e834c9.png
dhcp server successfully understand it. But it works only for one loading. On same screen I can see uuid of vm, that gives the chance to me to assume that all these parameters can be preconfigured.
If it requires changeover of the binary rom, how to make it for VM?

ÐÑ:                  Andrew Bobulsky <rulerof@xxxxxxxxx>
Ð:                   Vlad <uniken1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Ð ÑÐÐÐÐ Ð:           xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ÐÑÐÐÑ ÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÑ:      Thu, 12 Apr 2012 12:56:47 -0400
ÐÐÐÐ:                [Xen-users] gPXE useâr class
ÐÑÐÐÑÐÐÐÐÐÐÑÐ ÑÐÐÐÑ: <none>

Hello Vlad,

If you're trying to change the user or vendor classes that gPXE uses,
that's probably actually in the realm of modifying the ROM binary used
by Xen, and then adding it to your virtual machine.  If you could be
more specific about what you're trying to do, I may be able to offer
more help, but at this point I'm not quite sure... My apologies ;)

If you're trying to make use of these options, simply configure your
DHCP server to recognize the gPXE class:

For Microsoft:

http://etherboot.org/wiki/msdhcp#setting_up_a_gpxe_encapsulated_options_on_windows_dhcp
For ISC dhcpd: http://etherboot.org/wiki/dhcpd

If you're going to be replacing the binary entirely, I'd suggest using
iPXE instead.  It's an actively-maintained, up-to-date fork of the
gPXE project with significantly more features: http://ipxe.org/

Best Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky