netmask 255.255.255.248
gateway 222.28.246.105
bridge_ports eth0
bridge_hello 2
bridge_maxage 12
bridge_fd 0
bridge_stp off
auto eth0

I don't know if it is the problem or not, but you are creating a bridge called eth0, with an interface called eth0 attached to it. Try editing /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net-rules and changing eth0 to peth0 - and of course editing /etc/network/interfaces to suit. Ie, change "bridge_ports eth0" to "bridge_ports peth0".

Also, it's really a matter of style, but you could help yourself a little by better formatting. Eg, I think you'll find that this is better for readability (and hence maintainability) than your original :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
  address 222.28.246.107
  netmask 255.255.255.248
  gateway 222.28.246.105
  bridge_ports eth0
  bridge_hello 2
  bridge_maxage 12
  bridge_fd 0
  bridge_stp off

Whitespace between sections makes the sections easier to pick out, and some indentation makes the elements within each section easier to differentiate from the section "headings".
Just be aware that in some situations, whitespace is significant.
--
Simon Hobson